The swimming pool which is now part of the Sports Hub was inaugurated in 1962 and has been a landmark in the capital city. The pool was revamped to meet international standards and the technical specifications of FINA (International Swimming Federation) in 2015.
- The size of the pool has been increased to 50m x 25m from 50m x 18m.
- A new filter plant, new toilet blocks and administrative blocks have been constructed.
- Scoreboard and time-measuring devices such as touchpads and clocks are available at the pool.
- The pool is filtered with ozone and the diving platforms have been reconstructed as per the norms of FINA.
- High-mast lighting facilities are also provided to conduct competitions at night.